Sunday, December 23, 2007

Go Ministries Haiti / DR

Where do I begin? This year has been full of trips and adventures. To simplify let me talk bout my trip to Haiti / DR back last February. I went on this trip with some friends, then I met some people down there, like John Martinez of whom I wrote a post a few weeks ago (go read). My trip to Haiti was an impactful trip. I will never be the same.

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I had lunch with John Martinez to discuss several things, this was followed by a meeting with Brook Brotzman, founder of GO ministries (www.go-ministries.org) where we discussed several things, but the topic was what I can do to be involved from here. Also we discussed this topic of a trip back to the island in Feb '08. The details of which we are still working out as we speak.

Eddie:

One of my friends and I were discussing this trip (only in theory at the time) and what it would entail to get me back to the island, i.e. fund raising, resources, time off. etc. He shared my desires with some family and friends and the ball started rolling. Fund raising has already began, and the project is underway. The purpose of this trip has several dimensions:

  1. Make a video documentary to share my passion with others.
  2. Continue relationship building with John Martinez and other GO staff on the ground.
  3. Work with construction team on projects currently underway.
  4. Visit several ministry sites around the countries.
  5. Explore ways to help GO Ministries.

Here's where we are:

  1. Pray and search out God's will concerning this trip.
  2. No BS assessment of resources.
  3. Set Goals and priorities.
  4. Develop Master plan and assign tasks.
  5. Information download with Ministry and partners.

We are in phase 1. For more info, support, or to help contact me directly or by email khatfield@insightbb.com . Thank you for all the encouragement and support. My 1st and most important need is prayer.

Kevin

Look up, Live life, and be Thankful

No comments:

Hope in the Dark

Article published Dec. 30, 2009 Meade County Messenger Hope in the Dark by Kevin Hatfield Radio transmission… (Widowmaker main…Widow...