Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving!!! What a time to spend with family and friends. I'm sure many of you have overdone your diet and had that mixed feeling of happiness and misery at the same time. One of the things we do around our home is talk about the things we are thankful for. In the season of Thanksgiving we should show gratitude to those we love as well as The Almighty. For both His provision and the Harvest. I had lunch with a missionary friend of mine last sunday and he was explaining how Hurricaine Noel had ravished the tomato crop in the Dominican Republic, which is a major export of theirs to the US for ketchup. So their harvest is ruined. No really, how bad are your problems? Don't you have something to be thankful for.



I just recently made another movie of pictures for my family in Florida. In editing it I viewed hundreds of pictures of the kids and my lovely lady, I felt the overwellming feeling of gratitude for what God has given me. Family, my Familia, Los ninos. All the love and special moments we've shared in our adventurous ride called life. God is so good to us and yet we tend to forget He's even around.

Fall, the air has turned cold and there's crispness in the yard. I know it's fall because I see the annual venue of Camoflauge pants and deer horns parading through town. Time to have a bon fire and relax. Park the tie for flannel and snuggle up to the fire. Smores (I hear people actually eat these things, what a waste of energy:) roast them. Fill the crock pot with Chile and relax.

I'll end with this old saying I love: Everyday is a choice. You choose if today will be a good day or a bad one.


"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is important because I’m exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, not loss; good, not evil; success, not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price I paid for it. May I have sufficient wisdom and courage that this shall be my record for today."

Quote from Og Mandino 'The greatest salesman in the world'


Remember Look up, Live life, and be thankful!!!

Kevin

No comments:

Hope in the Dark

Article published Dec. 30, 2009 Meade County Messenger Hope in the Dark by Kevin Hatfield Radio transmission… (Widowmaker main…Widow...